Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Milkshakes and Monsoons


I realize that milkshakes have little or nothing to do with skiing, but I happen to love them, and I also happened to have a great milkshake experience last night.
First I will say that until yesterday my greatest milkshake experience was at the Deep River Dairy Bar. In my years traveling the Ontario Cup circuit with Nakkertok we would regularly stop between Ottawa and North Bay, Sudbury, Timmins, wherever in Northern Ontario we happened to be going. The chocolate peanut butter milkshake, extra thick with banana was my all time favourite milkshake. I haven't been to the Deep River in probably ten years, but I certainly remember it fondly. Then yesterday we went for an ice cream outing after dinner here in Bend and happened upon a great spot (it wasn't really chance, I did some serious research). Anyway it was a most delicious treat to have a chocolate peanut butter malt with banana, so good in fact that I thought about it for the first hour of my ski this morning in the pouring rain.
It was pouring rain when we arrived on the mountain today, after an hour of skiing I did a complete change of clothes, and rang about a cup of water out of my gloves. I called it quits after the second hour, but I'd say that I probably would not have had such a good ski if it weren't for that milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment